Thursday, January 19, 2017

Still No Cutlery

I think that I packed well given the fact that I wanted to bring as little as possible. I fit everything into a suitcase and a travelers backpack. I packed practically and brought the essentials so that I could pick up anything that I needed at the store here. However, I have realized now just how many little things there are in life that are important. Such as hand towels,  hand soap, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, pots, pans, and cutlery. I have no cutlery!

The oven and stove are of a unique kind that requires specific pots and pans to cook with. Luckily, I have flat mates who said I could use their pots and pans during my stay. The grocery store is a short bus ride and a minor walk away. I can only buy what I am able to carry back to my flat, therefore it has taken me a couple of trips to buy cleaning supplies and groceries. This is manageable though, once I purchase the one time items grocery shopping will become easier. However, out of the couple of times I have gone to the store, I have forgotten to look for forks, spoons, and knives. I was going to cook mac and cheese the other night when I realized, I would have not been able to eat it. Mac and cheese is not exactly a finger food.

Below are pictures of the free items I have received since arriving. Today, I picked up my UH sweatshirt (Go Herts!) and during game night the other night teams won a red UH mug. This UH mug will be useful in several ways. It's intended purpose, to hold beverages, and for my purpose holding my cereal so I do not have to eat out of the giant cereal box like a barbarian.

Until next time,

(Hopefully I will have bowls, plates, and of course, cutlery.)



Reverse Side

No comments:

Post a Comment