Wednesday, January 18, 2017

5... maybe 6 Flights.

I love my room. It gets great sunlight during the day and during the evening you can watch the sun set and see the city lights twinkle in the distance. The kitchen is on the ground floor and it is six flights of stairs up to my room. I knew coming to this city I would be walking a lot more and walking up six flights of stairs daily is just another thing to adapt to. However, I should learn to stop counting those flights of stairs! I counted five flights going up the first day and the next day I counted six going down. So who really knows?

One of my friends showed me a neat app on my iPhone that allows me to track my steps, miles, and it also counts the amount of floors that I climb. The other day I walked 5.7 miles and took 13,488 steps. Today I have walked 4.2 miles, taken 9,842 steps and it is only noon.  The most number of flights in one day I have climbed is 21 and that includes the others around campus. If you are familiar with UNC Wilmington's campus this is a very drastic difference because UNCW is on a very flat campus and I lived on the first floor. However, I do not mind this difference because I enjoy exercise, although my legs are saying otherwise as of right now. haha.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment