Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Addition

"See every difficulty as a challenge, a stepping stone, and never be defeated by anything or anyone." Eileen Caddy

Everything adds up. Good things, bad things, and especially minor things. I think I underestimated how big of a change moving to a new country would be.

There are minor frustrations such as figuring out how to use public transportation to get places, how much it will cost, and where to go. How I have to limit my grocery shopping to only get what I am able to carry back to my flat by myself- meaning more smaller trips. Figuring out the dynamic with my 11 other flat mates and how to live peacefully. Learning how class schedules work and what the professor's expectations for the course are. Paying for bus rides, laundry, printing, take out boxes, and other amenities that I am privileged to have back at my home University.

These minor things that are usually out of mind have been brought to my attention throughout this transition time.

Today was an interesting day. Filled with miscommunication and 3 hours of sleep. However, the miscommunication was resolved and a long nap was taken! The quote above was on a card that one of my friends from home gave me and I thought that it fit well for today. All of these minor things are just that. They are small things that I am able to handle. When they add up it can become overwhelming but when I take a step back, I am able to address the situation.

Moving to a new country is a big change and the difficulties I face are all ones that I can learn from and grow.

I know that it is going to be, "Really Good."



David Shrigley's "Really Good" Sculpture

1 comment:

  1. I so get this!

    Imagine trying to buy groceries for a family of four, only able to purchase what you can carry back to your apartment!

    Hang in there, sweet girl! It gets easier and you will adapt and before you know it, these minor adjustments will all seem "normal" and routine. And you will hardly even notice these things anymore -

    Thank you for sharing your adventures with us!

    💕

    ReplyDelete