Friday, February 10, 2017

Many Thanks

It doesn't matter where you are, being sick is no fun.

For the past week I have been unwell, but I am on the upswing of things now! :) I am very grateful for FaceTime, family, and friends. I was able to contact my family in my time of crisis and they were able to give me medical advice.

Friday morning, I woke up with a horrible cough and a low temperature that rose throughout the day, and was high by the following morning. I was able to see a doctor Saturday, but of course by the time I arrived at the doctor's office, there was nothing wrong with me. Everything was fine, no coughing and no fever. However, that evening is when things worsened. I do not remember the last time I was that ill because I have never been without my usual resources. Such as my parents, my doctor at home, and reliable transportation, etc. I had to figure out how to schedule an appointment during the weekend and how I was going to get there. Figuring out how to do normal activities in a foreign country is challenging enough without being sick but I was also given help along the way.

I am grateful for the person who was able to take time out of their day to drive me to the Urgent Care and wait for me until I was finished.

I am also very thankful for the friends I have made here. Being unwell and physically unable to go anywhere, they went to the grocery store to get medicine and crackers and sick people things for me.

The people I have met here are truly amazing and kind,

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment